Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 6, 2012


Hey family, okay sorry for the confusion I still have one more week here. I leave the 20th, I am ready to go but it is nice that I will be able to learn more Portuguese before I go.

Sounds like everyone is doing well, thank you for the emails!!!

So this week was another great week. It is weird I am 22 now, it sounds old but I still feel young as ever. I think I will be a young soul for the rest of my life haha. My district is the best, like really I got very lucky. There are 13 of us and the Elders are so sweet. On my birthday, they sang to me, decorated the classroom, wrote me cards, poems and gave me candy. So nice! I felt loved. Thank you mom the Birthday card came on my Birthday!!! Perfect timing.

So last P-day it was so hot, it was little flash-forward to Cuiaba I think. So the streets here are really

super uneven with random steps and pot holes and trash. So last week we are walking from the paper store and I am talking to Sister Grimes and looking at her and I didn’t notice a pile of trash and some tiles on the ground and my foot hits it and slips. I fall smack down on my booty and laugh when I look up there is a man staring at me with wide eyes looking concerned. We get closer to his shop and I am pretty sure he asked if I was okay. I said I was good. We started talking and shared a little about the gospel and then said tchau and when we were leaving he pointed to me and waved his finger and said (know you be careful!) or something along those lines I am not sure exactly ha. Then he laughed and I laughed and said ( Eu estou aprendo caminar em Sao Paulo) then he smiled. So now I know what Bishop meant when he said that you will have opportunities to teach and connect with people through your personality haha. When I left another worker came out of the shop and I saw the nice old man point to him where I fell and then they both looked at me and laughed and I waved and laughed.

So my roommates left with week. They are the sweetest. Sometimes in the CTM I just stop and realize how funny my situations are sometimes. Like sister Correa how is super spunky and is always singing and saying things really loud and fast will say something to be and smile really big, then I will have no idea what she said and say (que? or uhuh) and then she will repeat very slowly and sometimes I get and sometimes I don’t and then she just laughs, haha so funny. Sister Reynose who is from Argentina is so awesome too and she will ask sister correa words to Portuguese to say or sometimes just speak to us in Spanish or both haha. I will miss them they are so sweet. It was so sweet last night Sister Correa had written out her testimony in English and said it to us. It was so sweet and showed me how I sound haha. I will miss them. We get 6 new American sisters tomorrow and

6 more Brazilian sister Thursday, I hope we get more roommates.

So life is great, thanks for all the love and the support.

The word Gospel means Good news, I love that because it is so true, I am lucky I get to share good news every day.

Eu amo vocĂȘs!

No comments:

Post a Comment